When discussing who we are, we often lead with history and geography - how long we’ve been around (we were founded in 1960 if you’re curious) and the region we serve (six counties in Northwestern Pennsylvania if you didn’t know). Though that information is true, it’s also sterile and doesn’t entirely paint a representative picture of what we do and why we do it. And it certainly doesn’t communicate the importance nor the impact of our work.
In simplified terms, Erie Arts & Culture leverages the transformational power of the arts and humanities to address the vital needs and interests of Erie and Northwestern Pennsylvania. We weave culture and creativity into the fabric of everyday life in our region. Our investments translate into every resident having opportunities to participate in, and benefit from, the arts and humanities - whether socially, educationally, or economically. We are passionate about our work because the arts and humanities help us as people become more creative, self aware, empathetic, and socially responsible.
Our four primary roles as a regional arts agency include:
- Serving as a capacity builder of the individuals and organizations that comprise the creative and cultural sector.
- Advocating for and funding opportunities for arts in lifelong learning.
- Preserving and promoting the diverse cultures that represent our communities.
- Facilitating people and place-based development initiatives.
Through these roles, we:
- Provide tools, resources, and financial support to individuals and organizations that specifically utilize the arts and humanities as a platform to engage the broader community.
- Grow the capacity of our sector to ensure extraordinary creative and cultural experiences.
- Create an environment in which artists and creative industries, representing a wide variety of disciplines, can thrive.
- Fund opportunities for lifelong learning through the arts and humanities experiences in classrooms, institutions, and community spaces.
- Consult on how creativity and culture can be a component in any development or redevelopment project.
- Celebrate Erie's collective identity by preserving and promoting the region's cultural diversity.
With that in mind, leading up to Erie Gives 2021, we wanted to share with you some of our work as an agency and the accomplishments we’ve achieved this past year.
ou may donate online or mail checks in advance to Erie Arts & Culture. If mailing a check, please date your check to August 10 and write Erie Gives in the memo line.
Our mailing address is:
Erie Arts & Culture
PO Box 353
Erie, PA 16512
Erie Arts & Culture is proud of the work we've accomplished since adopting our strategic plan in 2019. On August 10th you can help us sustain our impact in Erie County by participating in Erie Gives. Please make a donation of $25 or more to the Erie Community Foundation and name Erie Arts & Culture as a beneficiary. This year, we aim to raise a minimum of $25,000.
Secondary goals include:
- A minimum donor retention from 2020 of 75%
- 75 or more new donors
- A minimum of 20 gifts increased from 2020 by 20% or more
- 100% Board participation
Your support helps us leverage the power of the arts and humanities to address the vital needs and interests of Erie. Together, we can make a positive impact in our community. Can we count on you to help us achieve our goal on August 10th?
We invite you to read our Quarterly Impact Reports to learn more about how we advance our mission and make a positive impact in Erie County. If you have questions, please email Executive Director Patrick Fisher at email@example.com.
- View our Q1 Impact Report
- Our Q2 Impact Report is coming soon!