Founded in 1960 as the Arts Council of Erie, Erie Arts & Culture is the Regional Arts Agency for Northwest Pennsylvania, as appointed by the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA). Our role is to promote, support, and develop the arts and humanities at the regional level; ensuring broad opportunities for residents and tourists throughout communities in Erie, Crawford, Venango, Warren, Mercer, and Lawrence counties to engage with the sector educationally, socially, and economically. Our presence ensures that all communities - regardless of their geographic location or economic status - are systematically and equitably served.
In support of our mission, Erie Arts & Culture:
- Provides tools, resources, and financial support to individuals and organizations that specifically utilize the arts and humanities as a platform to engage the broader community.
- Grows the capacity of our sector to ensure extraordinary cultural experiences.
- Creates an environment in which artists, creative professionals, and cultural professionals, representing a wide variety of disciplines, can thrive.
- Funds opportunities for lifelong learning through cultural experiences in classrooms, institutions, and public spaces.
- Consults on how placemaking can be a component in any development or redevelopment project.
Erie Arts and Culture is committed to improving the lives of our region’s residents. We do this by leveraging the power of the arts and humanities to address the vital needs and interests of Erie and Northwest Pennsylvania.
The person in this position is responsible for translating marketing, communication, and outreach objectives into clear creative strategies. This person is the lead for producing all marketing and fundraising collateral, from concept to completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and design creative, innovative, results-driven marketing and fundraising campaigns from concept to completion, including print, social, and digital
- Translate the agency’s programs and services into messages that communicate impact and resonate with donors and stakeholders
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are consistent and that art and copy work in close collaboration together
- Update, monitor, and maintain website content and design
- Deliver on-time, high-quality and error-free work
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative culture
- Strategic thinker
- Creative conceptualization skills and proven design excellence
- Excellent quality-control skills with sharp attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to frequently change priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside collaborators and stakeholders
- Effective time-management skills with emphasis on quality and timely completion of tasks
- Understanding of typography, color theory, and marketing principles
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- A degree in design, visual arts, marketing or a related field is preferred
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office suite required
- Experience in WordPress, Adobe XD, AfterEffects, and Animate is a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in more than one language is a plus
CULTURAL EQUITY COMMITMENT STATEMENT
To support an enriched life for all, Erie Arts & Culture commits to championing policies and practices of cultural equity that empower a just, inclusive, and equitable region. We believe that equity is crucial to the long-term viability of both the arts and culture sector and communities-at-large. In support of this commitment, we will:
- Set annual cultural equity goals, addressing the following types of topics:
- Promoting equity within our policies, practices, programs, and services.
- Expanding diversity within our board, staff, advisory bodies, volunteers, funders, programming, and beneficiaries.
- Advancing the cultural consciousness of all our constituencies and audiences.
- Improving the cultural professional pipeline to increasingly attract candidates who reflect the full breadth of Erie County’s population.
- Collect data related to equity to make incremental, measurable progress towards our cultural equity goals.
This position is a full-time exempt salaried position; occasional weekends and evenings are necessary. Salary is posted at $46,000 - $50,000, commensurate on experience. Benefits include vision, health, and dental. Full-time employees receive ten (10) paid holidays and two (2) weeks paid vacation after the first six-months of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter (preferred less than two (2) pages), resume, portfolio of work, and contact information for three references to Patrick Fisher, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Creative Director in the email title. Materials may also be mailed or hand delivered to:
Creative Director search
℅ Patrick Fisher, Executive Director
Erie Arts & Culture
23 West 10th Street, Suite 2
Erie, PA 16501
The deadline to apply is Friday, December 13, 2019.
Erie Arts & Culture values equity as essential to its mission to expand the reach, influence, and effectiveness of the region’s diverse and vibrant arts and culture community by providing leadership, advocacy, capacity building, and connections. We are committed to diversity and equity in terms of gender, age, religion, race, ethnicity, ability, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other characteristics. Differences provide varied viewpoints, ideas, and connections that strengthen and enrich Erie Arts & Culture’s work with the communities in our region. It is Erie Arts & Culture’s goal to create and maintain an inclusive, respectful, and equitable environment and to engage the talents of people with varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to accomplish our mission.