Is your organization reopening? We're here to help.
We want to hear from your organization! As some of the organizations in our sector reopen in the summer of 2021, Erie Arts & Culture is committed to providing support to arts and cultural organizations in the counties of Erie, Crawford, Warren, Mercer, Lawrence, and Venango.
What events or experiences will you host this summer? How will your organization adapt to the present challenges?
Need help getting the word out about your events?
Please utilize our Cultural Calendar. This calendar is a fantastic resource that appears on the websites of Erie Arts & Culture, the Erie Downtown Partnership, and VisitErie.
1. New events can be logged here: erieartsandculture.org/events/submitevent
2. Click the black button labeled "Add your Event to Our Calendar" to get started.
3. Complete the form. The more detail that is added to the event, the more information we have to work with when we promote, so please provide as much complete info as possible. Please use complete sentences with no grammatical errors in the description. If possible, please choose the best quality photo that you can in the designated photo upload field. This means choosing an image that features readable text, clear subject matter, and isn't pixelated.
Highlight: Erie Philharmonic
The Erie Philharmonic is one of Erie Arts & Culture’s Lead Partners. In their next season, the Erie Phil will celebrate its historic return to the newly renovated Warner Theatre. In the meantime, the Erie Phil is continuing to broadcast live and pre-recorded concerts on their Facebook account.
Highlight: The 2021 LGBTQ Juried Art Exhibit
The 2021 LGBTQ Juried Art Exhibit is made possible by a grant from Erie Arts & Culture, the generosity of our supporters, the dedication of the Greater Erie Alliance for Equality's amazing volunteers, and many talented artists!
Please stop into the Blasco Library during the month of June and take in this beautiful show!
Highlight: Into the Woods presented by the Erie Playhouse
Live theatre is back in July! The Erie Playhouse is one of Erie Arts and Culture's Lead Partners.
A west Millcreek grassy field, surrounded by trees, becomes an enchanted world of magic beans, towering giants, and handsome princes as the setting for our first fully staged LIVE musical in over a year – the darkly humorous and hauntingly beautiful masterpiece by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine, Into the Woods.
As the Baker and his Wife travel through the forest trying to reverse a witch’s curse, they come across Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, and other famous storybook characters all in search of their own wishes…but “happily ever after” turns into a tale of “be careful what you wish for” when granted wishes have unexpected effects. This is Sondheim at his finest, with such memorable songs as “Children Will Listen” and “No One Is Alone.”
Pack up some folding chairs and maybe a picnic dinner and join us for a live outdoor theatre experience! (Alcohol not permitted.) *Please note: ALL COVID restrictions will be enforced.*
TICKETS ON SALE JUNE 9 AT 9:00AM.! Dates: July 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17. 6:30 PM
1208 Asbury Road
Erie, PA 16505
Highlight: Inner-City Neighborhood Arthouse Summary Program
The Inner-City Neighborhood Art House offers a free day program during the summer from late June to mid-July. Applications open in early May. Class size is limited; classes are filled on a first come, first served basis.
The summer program offers five weeks of summer programming for youth 7-14 (Due to Covid-19 our age range has change temporarily to 8 and older) years of age (morning session), and 10-18 years of age (afternoon session). Each week is independent of the others; therefore, participants can sign up for a single week or any combination of weeks.
There will be no Hooked on Books for Kids this summer. Students must be 10 years old to sign up for afternoon classes.
Types of Classes
- Art: Paint, Draw, Sketch, Printmaking, Crafts, Outdoor Art, Watercolor, Photography, Computer Art, Clay, Sew, Digital Media, Sculpture, Acrylic, Field Trips
- Music: Drums, ukulele, music
- Movement: Gumboot, Exercise, Dance
- Environmental Action: Green Team, Gardening, Field Trips