To support an enriched life for all, Erie Arts & Culture commits to championing policies and practices of cultural equity that empower a just, inclusive, and equitable region. We believe that equity is crucial to the long-term viability of both the arts and culture sector and communities-at-large.
In support of this commitment, we will:
- Set annual cultural equity goals, addressing the following types of topics:
- Promoting equity within our policies, practices, programs, and services.
- Expanding diversity within our board, staff, advisory bodies, volunteers, funders, programming, and beneficiaries.
- Advancing the cultural consciousness of all our constituencies and audiences.
- Improving the cultural professional pipeline to increasingly attract candidates who reflect the full breadth of Erie County’s population.
- Collect data related to equity to make incremental, measurable progress towards our cultural equity goals.
So that we are on the same page, below is how we are defining Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Diversity - The demographic mix of a specific collection of people, taking into account elements of human differences.
- Equity - The promotion of justice, impartiality, and fairness within the procedures, processes, and distribution of resources by institutions or systems.
- Inclusion - The degree to which diverse individuals are able to participate fully in the decision making processes within an organization or group.