Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000
Full-time position with benefits including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance; two weeks paid time off in first year of employment; eight paid sick days; 10 paid holidays; optional 403b with 5% employer match available after first three months of employment; and monthly flat-rate reimbursement of cell phone and internet bills.
About Erie Arts and Culture:
Founded in 1960 as the Arts Council of Erie, Erie Arts & Culture (EAC) is the regional arts agency for Northwestern Pennsylvania, as appointed by the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA). EAC began as the organization that raised funds through the United Arts Fund for arts organizations in the City of Erie. Today, EAC serves communities in the City of Erie, and Erie, Crawford, Venango, Warren, Mercer, and Lawrence counties through grants, teaching artist residencies, and a folklife program documenting and preserving diverse cultures. Erie Arts and Culture is expanding its engagement in the six counties of Northwestern Pennsylvania and the City of Erie, equitably providing resources that increase vitality of the arts and culture sector and communities as a whole.
About the Marketing Manager position:
The Marketing Manager (Manager) reports to the Executive Director, and is an organized, detail-oriented team player who is committed to working in service to communities. The Manager is forward-thinking, proactively anticipating what needs to be done and noticing trends that inform the organization’s planning and direction. The person who assumes this position will play a key role in revamping EAC’s messaging, marketing, and possibly branding to enroll and engage people in the organization’s programs and purpose. Dynamic storytelling and creating compelling narratives based on program outcomes is essential. A friendly demeanor, confidence to engage people, and ability to work across the EAC team’s areas of service to create clarity, coherence, and strategy are important traits and skills. The Marketing Manager will be a key person in proactively creating a strategic marketing plan and graphic design standards, executing marketing campaigns that promote programs and events, and effectively engaging stakeholders to sustain programs EAC provides to regional communities. This is a hybrid position, requiring in-person weekly meetings with the Executive Director, in-office work with the team one day each week, and other in-office meetings as necessary.
- Creates, develops, and implements strategic marketing plan and works with EAC’s digital marketing agency to create graphic design standards and align website content with AAA standards.
- Oversees and implements daily workflow of marketing operations including creating and posting social media and website content, and managing EAC’s accounts and listservs that facilitate communications and marketing
- Gathers and analyzes information to identify new markets and customers, demand for products and services, and efficacy of existing marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Conducts market research, forecasting, and strategic planning to assess and ensure the successful engagement of artists, organizations, the community, sponsors, and donors.
- Maintains knowledge of marketing trends and developments in the arts and culture sector; identifies needs for new approaches and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Collaborates, participates in, and coordinates promotional activities with respective team members.
- Negotiates contracts for services needed to execute a marketing strategy, works with website host to maintain clarity of content through best practices
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent command of print, digital, and social media marketing tools.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, verbal and written communication skills, grammar and punctuation skills, and ability to edit copy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create, implement, and monitor budgets.
- Thorough understanding of principles and methods used to promote and market resources, services, and information.
- Proficient with Google platform and Adobe Creative Suite
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- At least three years of experience in a related field.
Travel: The Marketing Manager may be required to travel to Erie, Crawford, Venango, Mercer, Warren, and Lawrence Counties. Mileage is reimbursed at the current GSA rate.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office setting with frequent computer work approximately 75% of the time.
- Travel to community sites and agencies with varying degrees of temperature, humidity and noise approximately 25% of the time.
- Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule and additional hours worked in order to meet deadlines.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient mobility to work in a normal office setting and use standard office equipment including a computer.
- Vision to read printed materials and VDT screen.
- Hearing and speech sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs. maximum and occasionally carrying such articles as a laptop computer, files.
Please email 1) a cover letter introducing yourself and your accomplishments that align the responsibilities of the position, 2) a resume/CV, and 3) three references in a pdf format to Anne O’Dell, Executive Director, Erie Arts & Culture, at [email protected] with the subject line “Marketing Manager Application.” Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and it is anticipated that interviews for qualified applicants will begin in mid- to late-October.