Virtual Open Studio - Edinboro University
EU's Virtual Open Studio promotes wellness through creativity and self reflection. We know that through art we can foster connection even while we are apart. The studio is a place for people from all walks of life to come together and make art as a community. We seek to promote mental health awareness and activities that cultivate positive mental health habits.
The studio runs several days a week at varying times throughout the year. Schedule changes about every 3 months (Current schedule runs Aug 23- Dec 3).
The studio is run by the Art Therapy Program at Edinboro University in Pennsylvania, USA. Our masters level students lead the studios in order to gain experience.
- The virtual studio is FREE to anyone that wishes to join.
- Come one day or many (no cap, but we ask that if you sign-up that you attend)
- Artistic training or skill is not required.
- Any art tools/media are welcome (eg. pen and paper is fine too)
- Begin a new piece each time or work on pieces in progress
What should I expect?
- Each session the lead may be different. If you enjoy a particular lead inquire about their rotation.
- The first 5-10 minutes of each session will be a time to "gather".
- Introductions: lead will invite guests to do introductions.
- Prompt(s): provided for those who wish to follow it, you may also work on other work.
- Working time: Usually no less than 30 minutes and up to 1.5hrs. As the working time nears an end, the lead will give reminders that the working time is coming to a close.
- Closure: The last 15-20 minutes are reserved for building community in discourse. Guests may share what they made if they wish. Q&A and feedback.
Some Ground Rules
- When entering the meeting, please have your name displayed on your screen – we will not let people in and/or may remove people who do not have a name displayed.
- Some form of participation is required. The studio is designed to be interactive, and it may be off-putting to other members if there is someone who is just sitting in the background, not participating. Although we prefer participants to have their videos on, we understand this is not always possible, due to wifi or other issues. In these cases we ask that you participate by voice and at least introduce yourself at the beginning of the group.
- Please arrive on time! If you are more than 15 minutes late the studio may be locked, and then you won't get to participate.
*NOTE: Once you register you will receive an email about 2 hours before the event to access the zoom meeting through the online event page*
If you have any questions, you can contact the studio at [email protected]