Join Erie Arts & Culture on March 9 at 1 PM on Facebook live and zoom for an info session about one of our newest grant opportunities. This new program is designed to help creative entrepreneurs develop and grow their businesses and revenue.
The Creative Entrepreneur Accelerator Program advances our overarching values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are prioritizing investments for black, indigenous, or persons of color (BIPOC), and those who are located in and whose work benefits low-income communities as defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA).
The program provides funding to creative entrepreneurs who aspire to start their own for-profit business or who operate an existing for-profit micro business with access to existing small business consulting services and financial resources.
All CEAP information sessions are recorded and posted afterwards on our website and Facebook page.
In this info session, we will cover:
- A brief history about the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
- A history about the Pennsylvania Partner of the Arts / Erie Arts & Culture
- What the Creative Entrepreneur Accelerator Program is
- Eligible entrepreneurs / eligibility requirements for this grant
- Step 1: The Referral Process
- Step 2: The Application Process
- Erie County Redevelopment Authority
- And finally, we’ll conclude our time with a Q&A session.
Additional questions: What is the creative sector and what is a creative entrepreneur?
The creative sector refers to a range of economic activities that are concerned with the generation or distribution of knowledge, information, creativity, and innovation, which is also often referred to as the creative industries.
Creative industries include:
- Communication & marketing
- Visual arts & crafts
- Design - product, interior, graphic & fashion
- Digital and analog media - film, television, web & radio
- Digital games
- The performing arts & live entertainment
A creative entrepreneur is an individual who is in the process of creating or has created a new business representing one or more of the creative industries.