Development and Marketing Manager
Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000
Full-time position with benefits including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance; two weeks paid time off in first year of employment; eight paid sick days; optional Traditional IRA with 2% employer match; and paid holidays; monthly reimbursement of cell phone and internet bills
About Erie Arts and Culture:
Founded in 1960 as the Arts Council of Erie, Erie Arts & Culture is the regional arts agency for Northwestern Pennsylvania, as appointed by the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA). Our role is to promote, support, and develop culture and creativity at the regional level; ensuring broad opportunities for residents and tourists throughout communities in Erie, Crawford, Venango, Warren, Mercer, and Lawrence counties to engage with the sector educationally, socially, and economically. Our presence ensures that all communities - regardless of their geographic location or economic status - are systematically and equitably served.
Erie Arts and Culture is expanding its engagement in the six counties of Northwestern Pennsylvania and the City of Erie, equitably engaging communities to provide resources that increase vitality of the arts and culture sector and communities as a whole. The Development and Marketing Manager will be a key person in proactively executing fundraising and media campaigns that promote programs and events, effectively engaging donors and sponsors, and increasing revenue to sustain programs EAC provides to regional communities. This is a hybrid position, requiring in-person weekly meetings with the Executive Director, and in-office work with the team one day each week.
About the Development and Marketing Manager position:
The Development and Marketing Manager (Manager) reports to the Executive Director, and is an organized, detail-oriented team player who is committed to working in service to communities. The Manager is forward-thinking, proactively anticipating what needs to be done and noticing trends that inform the organization’s planning and direction. A friendly demeanor, confidence to engage people, and ability to work across the EAC team’s areas of service to create coherence and strategy are important traits and skills. This role also manages a part-time Marketing Assistant and will work with an Administrative Volunteer.
The Development and Marketing Manager will:
● Create and manage strategic development and marketing plans for the organization.
● Manage donor database and work with the Executive Director in the engagement of
prospective and current donors.
● Research and identify appropriate grants, work with Program Officers and Folklorist in
Residence to submit grant proposals, submit grant reports in fulfillment of grant award requirements.
● Be well-versed in marketing techniques, platforms, and ways of disseminating information and be able to determine which pathway(s) of communication is appropriate for each effort.
● Manage website updates and the social media campaigns implemented by the Marketing Assistant.
● Design collateral for print and online publications using adopted graphic design standards.
● Participate in planning and producing fundraising events
Experience and Skills:
● A Bachelors degree in nonprofit management and/or marketing and at least three years
of experience with clearly demonstrable achievements that relate to the job requirements
● Excellent grammar and punctuation skills, ability to edit copy
● Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and social media platforms required
● Experience with CRM Bloomerang, Google platform, Trello, and Hubspot or similar
software platforms required.
● Ability to lift 10 pounds and work in an office environment
The Development and Marketing Manager may be required to travel to Erie, Crawford, Venango, Mercer, Warren, and Lawrence Counties. Mileage is reimbursed.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Normal office setting with frequent computer work approximately 75% of the time.
● Travel to community sites and agencies with varying degrees of temperature, humidity
and noise approximately 25% of the time.
● Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule and additional
hours worked in order to meet deadlines.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Sufficient mobility to work in a normal office setting and use standard office equipment including a computer.
● Vision to read printed materials and VDT screen.
● Hearing and speech sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
● Lifting up to 20 lbs. maximum and occasionally carrying such articles as a laptop
Please email a cover letter introducing yourself and your accomplishments that align the responsibilities of the position, as well as a resume/CV, and three references to Anne O’Dell,
Executive Director, Erie Arts & Culture, at [email protected] with the subject line “Development and Marketing Manager Application.”
Screening of applications will begin immediately and it is anticipated that interviews for qualified applicants will begin in mid- to late-July.